11.10.10

Alexander McQueen SS11

11-10-2010;
Because McQueen was ( is ) one of my favorite designers all times, I really was looking forward to see the images from the SS11 catwalk! I really loved all the craftmanship in all the textiles, and the embroidery details that you find spread all over the amazing designer pieces! The craftmanship is really a future of the house of Alexander McQueen!

In the months since Alexander McQueen's death, there's been intense speculation about the future of a brand so inextricably connected to its' founder and his one-of-a-kind, remarkable genius. His last few collections had witnessed a new, scintillatingly futuristic evolution to his work, reconciling his early theatricality with a new freedom that had hinted at spectacular things to come.


 
Below some stunning pictures from Sarah Burton, via style.com that shows the SS11 collection!






 

* && Again some amaaaazing heels are part of the McQueen collection! I hear a 'obsessed' coming up...;)





* & Below; wonderful backstage pictures from Agata Pospieszynska,
I wish I could take some stunning snapshots over there!!!

 

 


* && Just marvelous handcrafted textiles!!!






* What can I say;   McQueen you are still alive!





 
******************************




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten