1.10.10

Beyond the Valley; I'm in!

30-08-2010;
Yessss! I'm IN at the Beyond the Valley studio! Basicly I'm intern to help with everything around the design; so textileprint/ card/ lookbook/ moodboard etc.
Being part of the designteam is very exhited! Every day is different!

The first day I  met de designers; Kristjana Williams and Kate Bonhôte, the store manager; Eran Leon, and another intern Sophie. There are also some girls working on the shopfloor, Be and Kirsten.
Than Kristjana told me about the company, the store which is on the main floor, and the designstudio, which is downstairs.
She told me about the SS11 collection; Cosmic Tropicalia, that almost was ready, and I had to do some design work for it, finishing the SS11 textile prints!

I have to work a lot with Photoshop, but I'm also busy with making moodboards, putting textiles together, colouring, and be update with fashion and design. Because it's an innovating company I think I wil learn a lot over here! :)

And the second day I went already with that other intern, Sophie,  to the printers, all at the other part of London town, we had to travel by tube to some big Industrial Area in ' Seven Sisters' , to realize the textile prints on the T's! After we've done that, Kristjana was happy how we finished them!
It was very interesting that we have to work all by ourselves sometimes, so I get more confidenced about myself I guess...
The upcoming 2 weeks we have to work all together at BTV, because London FashionWeek & London Design Trail are coming up, and BTV will be part of some of the events!!! Exitinggg! :)



About Beyond the Valley;
In the five years since its launch, Beyond the Valley concept store has gone from being a spring boards for designers to one of London's leading destinations for design and fashion innovation. The store and label is an embodiment of this, enjoying collaborations with new talented artisists, keeping the range diverse and ambitious. Beyond the valley has been voted one of the top 100 UK Coolbrands for 2007/08/09/10. Alongside them in this years listings are well-respected brands such as Vivienne Westwood, Aveda, Nokia and Aston Martin. The creative Directors are Kate Bonhôte and Kristjana S Williams graduates of Central Saint Martins.




* Some pics of the new look inside the BTV shop!

---> more info; http://www.beyondthevalley.com/



****************************************








Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten