19.10.10

Eternal Wanderers

The last few weeks I had to do a lot of research for the upcoming F/W 2011 collection for Beyond the Valley , and I got a little obsession with 'emerging new photographers' , I look eveywhere around me in London, magazines , books etc, to find some interesting and innovating talents to blog about!
I found two inspiring talents, so look below for the images and more info!


At sixteen what were you doing? Prepping for GCSE's perhaps? Hanging out with friends definitely. Living for the weekend, no doubt. Having your own blog and securing professional assignments for magazines like Oyster, well that one is a little less likely except if your Nirrimi Hakanson that is.

In 2009 she won the SOYA-Qantas Spirit of Youth Award and now at the grand age of eighteen she has can count Diesel as her first advertising client shooting their A/W 2010 campaign. So stunning!

Her photography has a wisdom beyhond her years. Her set is the great outdoors. From Calvin Klein 90's angst and haunted forests to fairytale gardens, Nirrimi's photos illustrate her range.
Describing herself as a gypsy I suspect that in choosing unspoilt terrain as her back drop she finds refuge in exploring the sprawling vastness of nature. Her photography is a way of art!


* we live young 







The second photograper I want to tell you about is Mariah Jelena Kordzadze.
She is the latest emerging photographer to cross my path and stop me in my tracks.
Her photography veers from the rawness of the streets and abandoned houses to the depths of the forest where you are greeted by characters that I can only liken to the nomad cannibals! Amaaazing! :)

The continuous theme running throughout her photography in my opinion is the sense of being lost.
Her subjects are all wanders to some extent from those living in squats to those exploring the cultural delights of South America. It is as if they are searching for their place. 

And I look forward to seeing their next attempt to find it!


* Eternal Wanderers
 





 **********************************



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten