1.10.10

Intern @ Beyond the Valley!

30-08-2010;
So even now I'm totally in love with London, I had some big troubles the last week...I already had arranged my internship @ Mirjam Rouden studio in last April/May. But when I came in the first time at the 'studio' 4 days ago I didn't know what I saw....A BIG MESS! Nobody knew about me coming in, and starting that day as intern,  the 'designer' Mirjam was an hour too late, there where NO chairs, we had to sit on karton boxes ( !!??) and obviously they just don't have ANY budget to make it a good environmental place to work within...Mess and dirt everywhere!
At that point some african woman came in, and she told me I had to help her cleaning the sample fabrics, hand painted ones ( and NOT fashion update...! ) we had to clean it with chemicals  (!!) and than put it in a dryer that didn't work normally , it was broken so you had to open it with a knife...!!

That was IT; NO way I was gonna stay in that place for 3 months!! No way feeling NOT on my place and being unhappy in a big city, all because a wrong internship...:(
So I immediately talked with my family and friends, they told me to search for something else, and I did! I found on the exibitors list from the LondonFashionWeek, several designers that which I claim, so I sended them an email/my portfolio, and waited...
The day after I got respons of two of them! But when I got over to their studios, they told me they could not afford to pay for my travelcosts within London...So I tried another studio, Beyond the Valley, and got immediately an email back that I could come in for an interview!!!! :D I was so relieved!!!

So on a bright sunshiny wednesday I walked into the area behind Oxford St., called  Carnaby Street, and had my interview with Kristjana Williams designer from Beyond the Valley. There was a good klick, she liked my portfolio a lot! And she told me I was IN!!! So now I'm gonna help them with finishing the SS11 collection, making the lookbook, helping out during FashionWeek, and help with the design for the FW11 collection!
Tell you more about it in the upcoming blog!




* me loving the sunshine @ London && my real Coco C bag!
( yesss after years I FINALLY bought one!!!)
 and now I'm happy to be a part of the Beyond the Valley team!



*****************************

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten